Bet you didn't know that!


Hey Friends

I just wanted to share some very interesting information with you, which I came across on the internet, and quite frankly, I don't think many St Lucians are aware of.

While cricket is a huge sport on the island, few people, including me, actually realize that St lucian cricketers - not Darren Sammy - have actually made it big in the game.

According to "Cricinfo Magazine", Back in 1979 the Canadian side for their first World Cup was captained by wicketkeeper Bryan Mauricette, who was born in St Lucia before emigrating to Canada, and also included the St Lucia-born medium-pacer Cornelius Henry, who played in two of their three games, claiming the distinguished scalps of Andrew Hilditch and Allan Border in the second one.

I actually did a some research on the internet and it turns out the information is indeed accurate.

The only St Lucian to have played for West Indies is the current allrounder Darren Sammy, but although he has played in five Tests and 17 one-day internationals he has not yet appeared in the World Cup.

I just thought you should know that bit of our people's history.....


Comments

Popular Posts