Carnage on the Road

WARNING: NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED

St Lucia Police Monday appealed to motorists to exercise caution on the road after a horrific accident on the Castries-Gros Islet Highway claimed the lives of four people.

The accident was undoubetly one of the worst the nation has seen in a very long time.

So bad was it, that eyewitnesses say that firefighters seemed confused and dazed when they first arrived on the scene; some of the young responders had never witnessed such carnage in their short careers.

Police say a SUV - heading toward Gros Islet - was attempting to overtake another vehicle when it slammed into a motorcycle riden by Kenny Foster - popular socialite and son of a high-powered lawyer

Then it crashed into a station wagon driving behind the bike, causing all vehicles, except the SUV, to be airborne.
Eyewitnesses say his female motorcycle passenger - a 19 year old from Hospital Road - was killed instantly. Her mangled body sent chills through people's spines...
The two passengers in the statin wagon also died at the scene.

Foster laid on the sidewalk with one of his legs ripped out along with his genitals, as paramedics tried to save him.

Pictures of the accident spread like wildefire on the internet, with many St Lucians receiving it in their email inbox within hours of the incident.

And there was good reason for that. The photographs were horrific - too graphic for sensitive people.

Semsitive viewers should turn away from this page....















Comments

Jilly said…
Hi my name is Jilly. I am not a St. Lucian but a Dominican living abroad. It doesn't matter though because we are still one people. First, i would just like to congratulate you on your blog. I think that it is very well written and organized. You are doing a good job and i hope that your fellow St. Lucians appreciate what you are doing.

Secondly, i would agree with you that those pictures are truly horrific and gruesome. They are by far the worst i've ever seen of any accident. A friend emailed me the pictures and i cried when i saw them. Then i said a prayer for the victims and their families. I could not believe my eyes. I felt sick to my stomach and had to take a shot of vodka to sleep. I saw all the pictures and regretted looking at them after. It really isn't for the faint of heart. I didn't realize how bad they were until i saw them and by then it was too late. The images are stained in my head and will be for a very long time. In the future i will not put myself through that again. I kindly asked my friend to please exclude me from such mailing lists.

Finally, i want to leave you with a word of encouragement. Keep up the good work and remember that nothing beats a trial but a failure. Don't give up on your dreams!
Take care and good luck with any future endeavors you may have!
Anonymous said…
My name is Robin and my husband Robert and I were 2 cars behind the accident. We flew in that morning from Sandals Antigua to Sandals St Lucia. I am a nursing assistant and thought i have seen it all...Nothing will ever compare to what we saw that morning. The mangled bodies and the parts that were left on the road were too much for me to bear..My driver had to pull over and i threw my guts up! I actually just saw a video of the accident and the pics are very graphic but they tell no lies..Our hearts go out to the families and may they find comfort in this loss. We are home now in Brooklyn New York but our thoughts, prayers are with those who lost such precious life in St Lucia that morning..St. Lucians are great people and God bless. RobnRob
Damon said…
Whilst I appreciate the journalistic skill/style in reporting this horrific accident, my one observation is that these photos ought to have been on a separate page. Although you have put a warning at the top of the page, these pictures are still there in full view sometime later. Perhaps it's time to take them down from the main page? It poses two thoughts: 1- respect for the deceased 2- journalistic responsibility for the trauma it may cause to those who believe they may be able to watch such, only to realise after that it is shocking.

Damon, St.Lucian expat overseas
Anonymous said…
As a St Lucian it was a horrible Easter Sunday. It was tragic what happened to all these persons. I knew kenny who was a loving father uncle and son. Its sad that these pics still remain on the internet for his family to see...especially his little son who had to meet that day. However, It was nice that a pastor prayed with him and kept him company till the ambulance arrived.
Sabine said…
Please remove these photos!!! This is so disrespectful, not only for the families of the poor souls. That's nothing to do with journalism.

Popular Posts